Bi'- se i mo shu'il (Be Thou My Vision)
A Celtic Christian Inspirational
Gaelic by Hugh Brennan
- Bi'- se i mo shu'il a Ri' mhor na ndu'il
- Li'on thusa mo bheatha
- Mo cheadfai's mo stuaim
- Bi' thusa i m'aigne gach
- oi'che's gach la'
- Im chodladh no im dhu'iseacht li'on
- Me' le do gra'
- Bi' thusa mo threoru' i
- mbriathar is i mbeart
- Fan thusa go Deo
- Liom is coinnigh me' ceart
- Glac curam mar
- Athair is eist le mo ghui'
- Is tabhair domsa
- A'it conai' istigh i do chroi'
Translation by Adodh o' Duga'in
- Be my Eyes, O King of Creation
- Fill my Life with Understanding
- and patience.
- Will You be my Mind every night
- and every day
- sleeping or awake?
- Fill me with Your Love.
- Will You be my Guidance
- in my words and actions?
- Stay with me Forever
- and keep me on the right Path,
- as my Father takes care of me.
- And listen to my prayers,
- and give me a place
- to live inside Your Heart.
Back to Articles
Copyright © 2000, Holy Celtic Church, All Rights Reserved